Global Xchange Program
G.X.P (Global Xchange programme) International Volunteer. Six months Experience with BRITHISH COUNCIL, V.S.O & PATTAN (Sep2007 to Mar 2008)
Major Components of the program
Main responsibilities and role in GXP.
- Counterpart Pairs
- Host Communities
- Host home
- Volunteer Placements
- Global Citizenship Days
- Community Action Days
- Exchange theme
- Organize and conduct interactive trainings in Schools of UK. The training was delivered to the primary school kids by preparing “personal dolls”.
- School visits with Cultural Diversity Support workers in Cornwall county UK.
- The preparation and Deliver R.E (religious education) Lessons on Islam and complete my research “what is the concept of Islam in the UK” and presentation in the different Public sector schools of UK.
- Organize and arrange the activities on the “The 11 Million Takeover Day” Being celebrated with school kids in UK
- Conducted social surveys with diverse groups and communities / ethnic groups and minority families settled in UK .The “Tell Us Survey” was suppose to get the information about the gipsy families and to develop a data base for better planning for the government .
- Supporting the work of Family Services on a Traveler/Migrant workers site.
- Activation of SMC’s (School management committees).
- Development of School improvement plans for the Government schools in close coordination with D.C.O (district co-ordination officer) and Executive District Officer Education , District Muzafargarh.
- Coordinate with the line department, local NGOs, District Government, & Global Xchange programme 2007-2008.
- Prepared different proposals for social development projects and presented to the GXP team supervisor
- Formation of R.Y.D.F (Rural Youth development forum).
- Establish Adult literacy centers (ALC’s) for both female and males in rural area of district Muzafargarh.
- Organize seminars, awareness sessions and workshops on, HIV & AIDS, women rights, child rights etc…
- Organize and served as Focal Person to awareness raising seminars on HIV and AIDS, role of youth in community development, importance of education, health and hygiene, participatory teaching methodology in district Muzafargarh
- Conduct (P.R.A) Participatory rapid appraisal tool for the assessment of the community according to their basic needs and resources
- SWOT (Strengths weakness, opportunities & threats) Analysis of the program and different activities.
- Risk assessment prior to initiate an activity or implement the plan.
- Help and assist in conduction of M.P.R (Med phase review ) & debrief committees.
- Member of EID Committee and social events, press relies (media) committee.
- Organize training sessions for whole groups on Community development & participation of youth in Community development, & G.C.D’s (global citizenship days) on the topic of “Disability” & “voluntary social welfare agencies in Pakistan”.
- Reporting of the activities